Saturday, August 06, 2005

Zocalo



Click here to see the video

I didn't have enough footage to make a story, but I'm posting it anyway.

The zocalo is the central square of Mexico City. It stands where the center of Tenochtitlan, the Aztec city stood. The Spaniards tore down the Aztec temples and put up the cathedral and government buildings.

The first clip is a pan of the zocalo in the early evening. In the background you can hear drums beating. These are the Aztec dancers that are there day and night, every day. The second clip is of a troupe of Aztec dancers.

Video iPod friendly file.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gena said...

Yes, I wish you could have gotten more but it looks good. It is hard to follow dancers.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

7:53 PM CDT  
Blogger Jack said...

Thanks Gena.

Yeah, we had passed through the zocalo a few times and I thought I had enough video, but I didn't. Basically I had only that one usable clip. Next time I go to DF I'll get enough for a good vlog.

Yeah it was hard keeping dancers in the frame especially since I don't know the dances. My compostions also tend to be a little tight. I have to keep telling myself "give them some room, give them some room"

8:14 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home