Friday, August 12, 2005

Cielito Lindo




Click here to see the video

This is another outake from the promotional film I worked on for the publishing services company I work for called Booklinks. They needed some comic relief and I was elected (thanks Cory). In this scene they are featuring the Mexican office which I manage. A document has been sent to us and I am translating it into Spanish. Behind me all sorts of wierd things go on, one of which is a visit by a mariachi band. Here the Mariachi Azteca plays Cielito Lindo while I (almost) ignore them. Hang in there until the second chorus. Sing along if you like. Enjoy

Here are the words:

Aye, aye, aye, aye
Cantar no llores
Porque? Cantando se alegra,
Cielito lindo,
Los corazones

Translation:

Aye, aye, aye, aye,
Sing, don't cry
Why? Because singing makes the heart happy,
Pretty sky

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very funny

12:05 PM CDT  
Blogger Jack said...

Thanks pepa, glad you liked it.

12:14 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the chorus of "Cielito Lindo" goes a little differently than you've transcribed it, making more sense both grammatically, and poetically too. The verbs in the 2nd line are in the same tense, the "porque" in the third line is the "because" not "why," and "los corazones" can be seen to complete a rhyme with "y no llores."

Ay, ay, ay, ay
Canta y no llores
Porque cantando se alegran
Cielito lindo, los corazones

11:22 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home